Project Manager/Self-directed Support Associate
- Organisation: Institute for Research and Innovation in Social Services
- Salary: £29,249 - £35,938 pro-rata
- Salary info: pro rata (Part time, fixed term, 21 month contract) 3 days per week (preferred working patterns)
- Job type: Project Manager/Self-directed Support Associate
- Status: Part time
- Closing date: 22/05/2012
- Location: Glasgow
- Website: http://www.iriss.org.uk
IRISS has a temporary vacancy for a flexible and versatile individual to join us on a fixed term and part time basis to develop and deliver our work around self-directed support (SDS).
The Associate will be involved in two key projects, the Pilotlight programme designing pathways for accessing SDS in Scotland and a project focusing on SDS micro provision and support.
IRISS’ Pilotlight programme comprises a series of four projects which will design new pathways for the more challenging areas for accessing self-directed support in Scotland. These ideas will be disseminated to enable support providers to meet the needs of individuals. The programme is collaborative and focused on service design. Two projects will be delivered in 2012-13, and a further two in 2013-14. This is a high profile programme of work, part of a wider number of activities within the Changing Support, Changing Lives partnership group. http://www.changingsupport.org.uk
The SDS micro provision and support project will explore the role of micro enterprises in developing a range of support provisions that can be accessed by individuals using their personal budget allocation.
The Associate will be providing expertise on SDS, project managing and monitoring activities, co-ordinating the engagement and involvement of all stakeholders, communicating the activities and outcomes, and producing and disseminating materials on self-directed support and ideas generated through the projects.
As we are a small organisation, we are looking for someone who can work autonomously, with initiative, flexibility and creativity.
- Knowledge and expertise around personalisation and self-directed support and related social services policy ad practice issues
- Project management experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Proven experience of working with a range of stakeholders from senior managers to service users
- An excellent facilitator
- Working on iterative projects
- Using social media and technologies to communicate activities
- Experience of project evaluation
We can be flexible about working patterns but we would expect the post holder to work from our office in Glasgow when not involved in project development in the field.
The Institute for Research and Innovation in Social Services (IRISS) is a Scottish voluntary sector organisation, focused on supporting the social services workforce in Scotland to deliver positive outcomes for people who access care and support.
IRISS is a company limited by guarantee (No.313740) and a registered charity (SC037882). Registered office at IRISS, Brunswick House, 51 Wilson Street, Glasgow. G1 1UZ